Thursday, January 06, 2005

Out of the Heat and into the Cold

Right about now...

  1. I'm back in Canada as of 17:00 ET. Yes... I am tired, broke and freezing, but Goddamnit Florida was great.
  2. I've wasted 4 hours of my life last night watching the hyped-up Orange Bowl between USC and OU. I was expecting a shootout between the first- and second- place teams in college football. What I got was a piss-poor performance of the Sooners' defence in face of a confident (some say complacent) Trojans offence.
    And how bad was it? Aside from the 55-19 Trojan win, the ABC broadcast was rated the second worst BCS presentation. No comebacks. No tension. No spirit. When you come to think of what happened in Miami, it wasn't that the Trojans played a good game: it was that the Sooners choked and sucked minutes into the first quarter.
    My suggestions: a) the Sooners must get a better band; b) the Trojans better start thinking about next season now; and c)Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops will have to get into the Witness Protection Program pretty soon, considering that there will be people who would definitely want his head on a silver platter.
    "I think they're great, and they sure proved it," Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said. "We just got whupped."

    He might have well added "Do you want fries with that?" with that comment, AFAIK.
  3. File under AWOL - where the fuck are all the charitable, merciful Muslim countries in wake of the Big Tsunami?

And that's it for now.

No comments: