Saturday, December 10, 2005

Let It Snow, Let It Snow,
Let It Snow, Muthafucka!

Winter finally arrived in Hali at approximately 17:30 last night.

"Ice, Ice, Baby!"

And man, oh man! Was it ever a muthafucka of a snowfall.

It dumped 30cm (1 ft.) here in the city, while the beautiful-in-the-summertime Annapolis Valley got hit with double.

90000+ homes went without power for the good part of last night and this morning.

In the meantime, I have identified 2 places for me to hang my proverbial hat. I'm moving out of quarters and going native.

The prospects are good - the Halifax Regional Municipality has one of the highest vacancy rates in the country, where people from all income brackets are catered.

I'm starting off small until I could establish myself as the "Ruler of the Universe"™. One place offered me a $200 shopping spree at Wal-Mart, while the other has a nice view and cool, blue carpeting.

My target is Dec. 15, so I have to chill before packing 5 years of accumulated shiznit. On top of that, I have to hit the Bargain Hunter for some decent used beds and furnishings. No easy feat, but I, being me, should have almost no trouble getting this project done.

So wish me luck as I move out into the community.

As for the snow, I can't complain much - someone has to pay for the nice and toasty summer weather.

No comments: