Friday, May 27, 2005

Eddie Albert: A Life Well Lived

I used to be a fan of "Green Acres".

"Greeeeen acres is the place for me.
Faaaarm livin' is the life for me.
Land spreadin' out so far and wide
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.

New York is where I'd rather stay.
I get allergic smelling hay.
I just adore a penthouse view.
Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.

...The chores.
...The stores.
...Fresh air.
...Times Square

You are my wife.
Good bye, city life.
Green Acres we are there."


You gotta love it when Oliver Wendell Douglas (Albert) would drive up to the farmhouse in his chattery, old tractor in the opening credits, then work on proving himself as an able farmer while his irresistable wife Lisa (played by the irresistable Eva Gabor) tried to be the ultimate farmer's wife, even though she'd rather be back in Manhattan.

That's the way I'll remember Ediie Albert the best. See you soon...

No comments: