Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Back In The Bowels Of Hali...

After almost a month in the Old Country (a.k.a. Thornhill, ON), I'm back in Halifax getting ready to move out of St. Laurent Block, Windsor Park.

Since I'm in-between careers, I have to spend a little extra time looking for work. Add to the fact that I have to find decent furnishings for my crib and food for the fridge, and you have one busy camper.

I've noticed that in my absence there were those who have posted comments on quite a few of my postings. If they didn't show up soon enough, it's because they were pending moderation through Haloscan and I couldn't remember the password to its site - I was on vacation after all, and my brain acted accordingly. I will be picking through them, so don't be too surprised if one of the posted comments becomes another post (heh heh heh)!

Aside from the Boxing Day shooting, silly Grit attack ads, excessive overindulgence at the China Buffet King, and ringing ears from Empire's 1Sound party at the late, lamented System Soundbar (big ups, Ryan), my holiday was good. I haven't relapsed, thank G-d (FTWK), and those 12 Steps have kept my head together, especially when I'm dealing with relatives, friends and old haunts.

Anyways, just to let you know, I've cast my vote in advance - Elections Canada still has me pegged as a Thornhill resident, so I figured that change is due. Despite all the good intentions displayed by the incumbent (and those pansy-assed Paulyanna attack ads), I voted... accordingly.

To all my fellow Canadians, do the right thing Jan. 23. I'll be waiting.

No comments: